Sunday, 28 August 2016

Single And Alive

Say it with me guys "I'm single and that doesn't mean I'm dead"
Everyone tags single life with loneliness and other depressing crap. I understand what it feels like to be lonely, to feel left out,to feel like your'e missing out on love. Your friends are out having fun with their better halves and you're stuck at home watching movies in big shirts and stuffing chocolate down your throat. Even with all that, I need you to know that it's okay,you're not going to be single forever. Sometimes you're so lonely and desperate that when your friends have fights with their significant other, you wish you had someone to even argue with not to mention fight with. It's so annoying to be the third wheel to your friends when they go on casual dates.
Trust me, I get it, I've been there. You just have to always remember that everything takes time, you deserve to be happy (everyone does). You would find love, but don't go out desperately looking for it. Let love find you, that's the best kind of love there is, in my opinion. Don't worry you won't be single forever, your Prince Charming/Cinderella is just taking a long time to find you, won't be long now. In the meantime, take yourself out occasionally, treat yourself to nice things, be your valentine everyday. You don't need someone else to make you feel happy or loved. Love yourself, explore YOU.
The rush to be in a relationship pushes people to make a lot of mistakes, most especially the females (I'm going to concentrate on the girls. Nothing feminist about this, I just have more experience here). Ladies, you should never be okay with a guy cheating on you or treating you less than you deserve just because you're tired of being lonely. That is not love, you should never feel less special than you are. Any guy who cannot treat you like a Queen does not deserve your love. Whoever you're with is supposed to make you feel safe and forget your insecurities ( unless of course you're a tad bit crazy).  If you don't feel loved,safe, happy or important among-st others, then you should probably not be in that relationship.
To sum up, Gents and Ladies,don't settle for less just because you're tired of being lonely. Your happiness matters, if you're not happy then why bother? You can be happy all by yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, girls, actually everyone need to understand that loving ourselves first is far more important than searching or forcing for a partner. Good one

    ReplyDelete