Friday, 3 June 2016

Humble Braggers

This article was actually inspired by my best friend. She likes to call somethings that people do (especially men) "Humble bragging" thus the name of the article. Let me take a moment to define the term Humble bragging. That moment when you start to talk about your expensive car to someone who did not ask you, and you say things like "oh this deadbeat car, please I wish I could afford something better." And the car in question is a brand new Ranger Rover Sport. Nigga or Niggress you bragging.
A friend of mine was in an Atm queue and the guy who was behind her said to her "oh I like your wrist watch...Not like mine...do you know what mine is?..."( It was an Apple wrist watch) Then he went on further by saying, "do you sch here?" (This took place in the campus of a university) when she said yes, he said " I don't school here, I school at OAU, do you see that black car over there, that's my car,see the OAU  sticker on it"
Now I ask myself is all these neccessary?  I won't actually blame some of you guys, so many girls have given you the impression that they are into your pockets. Well not All of us are. Next time you want to humbly brag, try looking at our faces. The ones that glow that's your girl, but the ones with disgust on their face, that's not your girl. That's a que for you to shut up an move it along.
If you ask me the whole tactic of humble bragging is so stupid. Next time why not get a banner above your car saying "This is my car and I have an Apple wrist watch" that's more subtle than the way you go about it. I feel bad for the next guy who is going to humble brag to me, my reaction would blow him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment